Wednesday, September 1, 2010

So hot out today. I have come to a the Coventry Public Library in search of A/C, and to get a sense of Coventry. Amazingly, I've hardly ever driven into Coventry. It is a vast area with little there there. What a strange town to cover! I recoil at the challenge undertaking a Patch site here would pose. I would be starting from nothing, nothing at all.
I will have to decide soon. I think they are desperate to fill these jobs and happy just to have a live body with some semblance of experience who's interested.
Meanwhile, today was Aidan's last first day of school. He was so happy, really that's the word, heading off into his future this morning. I clicked several pictures, thinking that somehow I could hold onto him for a little longer if I filled up a memory card with his photographs. Strange, us parents.
For James, things went as they have been going since last year. He gets up, dresses, eats his huge yogurt-and-hot-cereal breakfast, asks to go outside, is thwarted in going outside by parents who don't want to bother have to bath him clean before school, Neal helps him brush his teeth and comb his hair, and then we wait for the bus, which doesn't arrive until after 9 a.m. The day is half over, or seem to be, and he's only just leaving for school.

No comments:

Post a Comment