Friday, September 3, 2010

Hurricane? What hurricane? I found mealbugs ...

It always starts the same way: I see a moth or two and refuse to believe that I have a problem. Then, there's a moth that flies out every time I open the big cupboard where all the cereal is stored. And the nuts. And the popcorn. And the breadcrumbs. And shit like that.
Of course, I start checking everything that I take out to use and throw what I can into the freezer for the 24-hour kill method I read about years ago. Yesterday, I stuffed all the nuts and dried fruit into the freezer. Alas! It was too late. This morning, the evidence of serious moth infestation was unavoidable. Everything came out of that huge cupboard and the scene got considerably worse before it got better. They're only little moths and larvae and stuff but they creep me out!
Now, I have the satisfaction of knowing just what's behind, in and under that cupboard for the first time in at least two years. I'm not the most fanatical of cleaners by a long shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment